Options for Financing Your Procedures
CEC Financial Policy
With today’s rising cost of health care, we are making every effort to keep fee increases to a minimum. Similar to any business, we can only keep the doors open and pay our staff if we receive timely payment for our services. In order to do this, we need your help in fulfilling your financial obligations. In an attempt to provide full fee disclosure and notification of our policies, please review the statement of our Financial Policy listed below.
We require 24 hour notice of rescheduled/cancelled appointments to avoid a fee.
.IF YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE…
- Please supply us with a current copy of your insurance card.
- Please notify us of any changes in your address or telephone number.
- All copays are due at the time of service.
- All non-covered services such as refractions (new prescription for glasses) will be due at the time of service.
- All referrals are the responsibility of the member/patient and must be current prior to your visit.
- Your estimated portion, including any deductibles, co-insurance or non-covered service will be expected to be paid at least five days prior to your surgery date (our business office will notify you in advance if this is required).
- Patient balances are due 30 days after the insurance notifies our office of patient responsibility.
- Patient will be responsible for any fees associated with enforcement of collection action.
- Payment in full is required at the time of service.
Forms of Payment
Cavanaugh Eye Center accepts Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
Flexible Spending Accounts
Many employers offer flexible spending accounts (also called a flexible benefits program) to help offset medical expenses. With a flexible spending account, you can use pre-tax dollars to pay for medical procedures, including LASIK. This can save you up to 50%. Check with your benefits manager at work to find out if your company offers flexible spending accounts.
Cavanaugh Eye Center would like to remind you that you can SAVE MONEY on vision correction procedures, like LASIK, PRK, or the Staar Visian ICL by utilizing your CAFETERIA PLAN (Flexible Spending Account) offered by your company through your benefit plan. Yes - these procedures, which correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, and reduce dependence on glasses and contact lenses, are eligible healthcare expenses for Section 125 pre-tax dollar Flexible Spending Accounts. Since most insurance companies do not include vision correction procedures like LASIK or the Visian ICL as a covered benefit, use of your Cafeteria Plan is often the only benefit you have to reduce your out-of-pocket expense for this life-changing procedure. As the end of the year approaches you should be aware that if you have unused money set aside in your Cafeteria Plan, you will forfeit that unused money at year end. There is no rollover of these funds.
As a service to our patients, we are pleased to offer the CareCredit card, the nation's leading patient payment program. With CareCredit you can finance your eye care and there are no upfront costs, no annual fees, and no pre-payment penalties. So, you can begin your treatment today and conveniently pay with low, monthly payments.
CareCredit offers a full range of payment plans so you can find one that works best for you. With the popular No Interest Payment Plans* there are no interest charges if you pay your balance in full within the specified time period. Monthly payments can be as low as 3% of your balance or $25, whichever is greater. For procedure fees from $1,000 and up, CareCredit offers 24, 36, or 48 month plan options with low monthly payments available.
CareCredit can be used by the whole family for ongoing treatment without having to reapply. And by using CareCredit for your eye care, you can save your other credit cards for household or unplanned expenses. It only takes a few minutes to apply for CareCredit and you'll receive an online decision in seconds! Apply Now or see our staff for more details.
Please contact us at 913-387-9200 today to schedule your complimentary screening and find out if you are a candidate for vision correction.
In this section, you will find answers to the billing and insurance coverage questions that patients ask us most often.