What is Zyoptix Custom LASIK?
Zyoptix is the Custom Wavefront LASIK platform for our Bausch + Lomb Technolas Laser. This technology is a major advancement over traditional standard LASIK because it allows us to detect and treat more of your vision abnormalities. For many years, standard LASIK could only treat your basic prescription and produce clarity results similar to glasses. Eyes are as individual as fingerprints and some patients have more complex vision problems than others. If your eyes have elevated levels of Higher Order Aberrations (HOA), which are subtle optical imperfections above and beyond the prescription in your glasses, you may benefit from treatment with the Zyoptix Custom Wavefront LASIK.
Video: LASIK Advancements
Custom Wavefront is a state-of-the-art advancement in LASIK surgery, providing patients with an even greater level of safety and accuracy than ever before. This technology detects distortions in the optical system to eliminate post-surgery visual side effects such as streaks and halos around lights. It also provides for advanced eye tracking control, resulting in effective, accurate correction of astigmatism with laser surgery.
Zyoptix Compared to Traditional LASIK
Custom LASIK – Better Outcomes
- 20/40 vision in 99.4% of cases
- 20/20 vision 91.5% of the time
- 99.0% of subjects reported they were moderately or highly satisfied with their results
- 99.7% indicated improvement in quality of vision
- More than 70% reported improvement in night vision while driving
- Most amazing is that over 60% of patients gained quality of vision beyond what they had achieved with glasses or contact lenses.
Advantages of Zyoptix
- Greater chance of achieving 20/20 vision or better
- Reduced chance of losing best-corrected vision
- Reduced chance of losing visual quality or contrast sensitivity
- Reduced night-vision disturbances such as glare and halos
- Conserves greater amount of tissue for those patients with thin corneas
- Studies have shown that visual results with custom LASIK are more predictable than with traditional LASIK